Support Group for Eating Disorders
Calgary Silver Linings Foundation is offering a new support group for those struggling with eating disorders: Psycho-educational and self-care".
This 8-week support group offers individuals (18 years and above) an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of their struggles, share their experiences, challenges and successes with each other in a safe and structured environment.
This group will help participants to:
- understand how eating disorders start, and topics such as weight bias and body image
- discuss what mindful eating is
- understand stress, anxiety and shame
- discuss coping skills including mindful movement and self-care
- discuss other topics such as media messages, workplace issues, self-compassion etc
- This group does not differentiate between the different types of eating disorders because it is not our goal to discuss particular eating disorder behaviours.
This support group is not therapy and is not substitute for treatment.
Registration is currently OPEN.
Angela Grace, PhD
Starts Monday, November 20, 2017. Please note that 2 weeks will be skipped over the Holidays.
6:00PM - 7:30PM
Roberto Ostberg Gallery (2108 18th NW, Calgary, AB, T2M 3T3)
12 Participants. Participants must be 18 years old or older.
About the Facilitator
Angela Grace is a Registered Psychologist and recently completed a Ph.D. in Counselling Psychology, with a focus on child psychology and eating disorder prevention in schools.
In her private practice, she specializes in the treatment of eating disorders and body image concerns, trauma, and stress/burnout.
There is a minimal registration fee of $160 for 8 sessions. Fees cover a portion of the cost of the group to the foundation (therapist, space rental, etc.) and is meant to make the offering of our programs sustainable over time.
Cancellation 15 days prior to the start of the group is eligible for a full refund. Within 15 days of the start of the group, we do not offer a refund for cancelling.
Once the group is full, email us at email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist. If we have enough registrants for another group, we will contact you by email to register.