Stories from the Eating Disorder community
We are continually inspired by the powerful stories of individuals who have overcome eating disorders and of those who have chosen to join us in the fight against eating disorders. Although no two experiences are alike, it is our hope that you, our readers, may also find something here that inspires or speaks to you. Whether you struggle with an eating disorder personally or support someone with an eating disorder, you are not alone.
If you have a story you'd like to share, we invite you to contact us. Please note: not all stories that are submitted will be posted.
- Anita, Parent of recovered daughter
- Laurel, Parent Support Group member with daughter in recovery
- C, Friend of Silver Linings Foundation, In recovery
- Chelsey, Friend of Silver Linings Foundation, Recovered age 24
- Dawn, age 26
- Maddie Quinlan, In Recovery
- Caitlin, age 23
- Kimber Keith, in recovery
- Julianna, Recovered
Please click images to view full images.
Tree of Life
Sarah, a 22 year-old in recovery.
Don't Listen to the Octopus
Eating disorders are mental illnesses and are often misunderstood. They are like a separate entity trying to convince you not to eat. Let's take the power away from the octopi and put it into your own hands.