Support Group for Eating Disorders
Calgary Silver Linings Foundation is offering a support group for those struggling with eating disorders: Emotion Processing to Recovery".
This 8-week support group offers individuals (18 years and above) an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of their struggles, share their experiences, challenges and successes with each other in a safe and structured environment.
This group will help participants to:
- Develop a mindset that recovery is possible
- Gain a deeper understanding of your struggles
- Expand your tolerance for difficult emotions
- Learn how to make strategies work for you
- This group is open to all the different types of eating disorders. It is not our goal to discuss particular eating disorder behaviours.
This support group is not therapy and is not substitute for treatment.
Registration is currently CLOSED.
There is a minimal registration fee of $100 for 8 sessions. Fees cover a portion of the cost of the group to the foundation (therapist, space rental, etc.) and is meant to make the offering of our programs sustainable over time.
Cancellation 15 days prior to the start of the group is eligible for a full refund. Within 15 days of the start of the group, we do not offer a refund for cancelling.
This group is full. However, if you would like to join, please email us at email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist. If we have enough registrants for another group, we will contact you by email to register.